When Emily was a baby, she did like sweet potatoes from the jar. But she does not like actual sweet potatoes. Maria, from alifetobraggabout.blogspot.com saved my life a few times when she recommended Weelicious.com to me. There are tons of easy recipes so expect to see a lot of those recipes here.
I am sooo excited that I can give her muffins for breakfast and know they are not processed muffins.
These muffins got Emily’s approval and mine!
Mini Sweet Potato Muffins (Makes 30 Mini Muffins)- although my batch did not make 30
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Cinnamon
2 Large Eggs, whisked
1 Cup Sweet Potato Puree, cooked*
1/2 Cup Milk
1/4 Cup Canola or Vegetable Oil
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Place the first 7 ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the remaining ingredients.
4. Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients just until they are combined (be careful not to over mix the batter).
5. Place 1 tbsp of batter in each cup of greased mini muffin tins and bake for 15 minutes.
* To make sweet potato puree, bake sweet potatoes (or yams) in a 400 degree oven for one hour, allow to cool, slice in half lengthwise and mash flesh with a fork until smooth.
** You can place muffins in labeled freezer bags and freeze for up to 3 months.